Fall 2024 deadline: May 15, 2024
Spring 2024 deadline: October 1, 2023
(F1 Visa holders are encouraged to apply 8 weeks prior to stated deadlines in order to allow adequate time for visa processing.)
Requirements for the M.Eng.ME application:
- Completed application >>
- 3 letters of recommendation is the standard, however students who have 2 strong letters from faculty members/instructors do not have to submit a 3rd letter. In this case, write N/A in that blank on the application instead of the name of the reference. Do not leave the line blank as the application requires something in all fields.
- Application fee ($70 domestic applicants, $90 international applicants)*
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0, or its equivalent is required for consideration. Please send electronic transcripts only. Do not send paper transcripts to the department. Once admitted, you will be directed to send official transcripts to Graduate College.
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, other engineering field, or closely related field. For reference, please see our undergraduate course requirements. Students who have a strong foundation in ME/EM concepts are best positioned for success in our program. Students in closely related engineering disciplines can also be successful in our program.
- Currently, the Department of Mechanical Science & Engineering is not requiring GRE scores as part of the application process.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores taken within two years of the proposed first term of graduate study are required of all applicants whose native language is not English. For example, Fall 2024 applicants should submit TOEFL/IELTS scores taken in or after August 2022. Scores taken before August 2022 are invalid (for Fall 2024 entry). See here for a list of exempted countries.
- Personal statement: 1-2 pages maximum. Please write about your area of interest/specialty, which track and classes interest you (please note that you do not have to commit to a track, this is only a tool to help students with course selection), why you are pursuing an M.Eng.ME, career plans.
- Brief resume highlighting academic and work achievements, including internships.
* Current seniors and alumni ofwith a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.00 - 3.24 are eligible for an application fee waiver. Current seniors and alumni of MechSE with a GPA of 3.25 or higher are eligible for an application fee waiver, as well as a waiver from the letters of reference requirement. Those who check the fee waiver for GPA 3.25 or higher box will not be asked for contact information for letters of reference since this requirement will be waived.
Questions about the M.Eng application or program? Contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org.