Employment and Salary
Graduates of our M.Eng.ME program are employed at companies with positions such as:
- 3M -- Analysis Engineer
- 20/10 Engineering Group -- Project Engineer
- Boeing -- Mechanical System and Structural Analysis Engineer; Structural and Payload Design Engineer
- Cooper Tire and Rubber Company -- Research Engineer, Predictive Technology
- Cymer -- Controls Engineer
- Delphi Technologies -- Mechanical Engineer
- DreamVu -- Mechanical Engineer
- Fast Radius -- Application Engineer
- Horton -- Design Engineer, Product Development
- II-VI EpiWorks -- MOCVD Equipment Engineer
- John Deere -- Product Engineer
- Microsoft -- Software Engineer
- Navistar -- Product Development Engineer
- Northrop Grumman -- Mechanical Engineer
- Ping An Technology -- Robotics Algorithm Engineer
- Pronic -- Project Engineer
- Sandia National Laboratories -- R&D; Mechanical Engineer
- Schlumberger -- Mechanical Engineer
- Shah Trade Coporation
- Shanghai Techbank Medical Technology Co. -- Research and Development Manager
- Steel Founders' Society of America -- Project Engineer
- TimeTooth Technologies -- Engineering Analyst
... and many more! M.Eng.ME graduates are also more likely to be hired in or promoted to leadership and/or senior engineering positions.
- M.Eng. Mechanical Engineer (from Illinois): $79,117 with an average signing bonus of $5,666
- B.S. Mechanical Engineer (from Illinois): $67,567
- B.S. Mechanical Engineer (national average): $63,630
Get to know our students and alumni!
Learn more from some of our students who have completed the M.Eng.ME program:
- M.Eng.ME student Hans Sunaryanto talks to The Grainger College of Engineering about his excellent experiences in the M.Eng.ME program.
- Boeing engineer Erin Sangsomwong knew that an M.Eng.ME degree from Illinois - completed all online - would significantly enhance her career.
- Now an engineer at The Boeing Company, Andrew Lamore reflects on how the M.Eng.ME program helped him begin a great career.