Scholarships and Awards
MechSE scholarships are awarded to outstanding prospective students or to continuing students with exceptional academic records, and there is no application process. Prospective freshmen are typically notified of scholarship offers by March. MechSE does however, consider continuing students for monetary awards. Departmental award applications are emailed from email@example.com to continuing MechSE students each year. Emailed: Thursday, December 15, 2022. Deadline: Friday, January 27, 2023. We encourage all continuing students to apply.
- The Grainger College of Engineering has scholarships for continuing students, please visit their website for eligibility and qualification requirements. Opens: February 14, 2022. Application Deadline: Monday, March 3, 2023 by 5pm. Recommendation Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2023 by 5pm.
- Student Affairs at Illinois also offers many student leadership awards and scholarships for which you can nominate a student, self-nominations are not accepted. Deadline: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM CDT.
- Modjeski and Masters is offering a "Masters of the Trade" scholarship to one undergraduate student entering their junior or senior year that recognizes excellence in engineering with both a monetary award and a career development opportunity. Visit https://www.modjeski.com/insights/masters-of-the-trade-scholarship/ for more information. Deadline: Friday, October 21, 2022.
- Engineering Council offers yearly awards to continuing students. Visit https://ecpresident.wixsite.com/engineeringcouncil/awards for more information. Deadline: Wednesday, March 22, 2023.
- The University of Illinois Office of Student Financial Aid has a database of many scholarships that you can search on their website. Deadline: Varies.
- Additional information on undergraduate aid can be found on The Grainger College of Engineering website: https://grainger.illinois.edu/admissions/costs/undergraduate