Scholarships and Awards
MechSE scholarships are awarded to outstanding prospective students or to continuing students with exceptional academic records, and there is no application process. Prospective freshmen are typically notified of scholarship offers by March. MechSE does however, consider continuing students for monetary awards. Departmental award applications are emailed from firstname.lastname@example.org to continuing MechSE students each year. Deadline: Friday, February 11, 2022. We encourage all continuing students to apply.
- The Grainger College of Engineering has scholarships for continuing students, please visit their website for eligibility and qualification requirements. Deadline: Monday, March 7, 2022 at 5:00 pm CST.
- Student Affairs at Illinois also offers many student leadership awards and scholarships for which you can nominate a student, self-nominations are not accepted. Deadline: Monday, March 23, 2022 at 11:59 PM CDT.
- Modjeski and Masters is offering a "Masters of the Trade" scholarship to one undergraduate student entering their junior or senior year that recognizes excellence in engineering with both a monetary award and a career development opportunity. Visit https://www.modjeski.com/insights/masters-of-the-trade-scholarship/ for more information. Deadline: Friday, April 1, 2022.
- Engineering Council offers yearly awards to continuing students. Visit https://ecpresident.wixsite.com/engineeringcouncil/awards for more information. Deadline: Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
- The University of Illinois Office of Student Financial Aid has a database of many scholarships that you can search on their website. Deadline: Varies.
- Additional information on undergraduate aid can be found on The Grainger College of Engineering website: https://grainger.illinois.edu/admissions/costs/undergraduate