- The deadline to drop a full-semester course has been changed to April 30, 2020.
- For full-semester and second eight-week courses, you will be given the option to select the “credit/no-credit” (CR/NC) grading option as outlined in the Student Code. The following modifications to the CR/NC grading will be in effect for the Spring 2020 semester only.
- You have until April 30, 2020, to elect CR/NC grading.
- Courses taken with CR/NC may be used to fulfill major, minor and General Education requirements.
- There is no limit on the number of courses selected for CR/NC.
- For a small number of courses that must significantly alter their assessment strategy, instructors may request a switch away from standard course grading (A/B/C/D/F) to “pass/no-pass” (PA/NP) grading for their course. This option is only anticipated for courses where the assessment modification makes it difficult to fairly assign letter grades.
- If a course is approved for PA/NP grading, all students will be assessed using the same pass/no-pass criteria. There is no option for students to select standard grading.
- Your instructor will let you know in the near future if your course is converted to PA/NP grading.
- Deadlines for student actions:
- The deadline to drop a full semester course (without a W) is now April 30.
- The deadline to select CR/NC grading is now April 30 (see above).
- The deadline to utilize Campus Grade Replacement option is now April 30. Students who previously selected a course for grade replacement may now retract their prior request.
- Other important dates for continuing students:
- Time-tickets for Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 registration will be released on April 6.
- Registration for Summer 2020 will begin on April 20.
- Registration for Fall 2020 will begin on April 20.
The MechSE Advising Manual below covers topics that commonly arise during faculty advisor meetings. The MechSE Advising Manual is also available in .pdf format here.
If you have additional curriculum requirement or procedural questions that are not addressed in the MechSE Advising Manual, please contact the MechSE Undergraduate Programs Office by email at email@example.com.
- Your Faculty Advisor
- The MechSE Undergraduate Programs Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Grainger College of Engineering Undergraduate Programs Office (email@example.com)