Things to know when applying to M.Eng.ME.
Deadlines and Requirements for M.Eng.ME Applications
Spring 2021 Deadline: Applications are due by November 1, 2020, however students who will need a visa are strongly encouraged to apply by October 1, 2020 to allow time for visa processing.
Fall 2021 Deadline: June 15, 2021
Requirements for the M.Eng.ME application:
- Completed application
- 3 letters of recommendation is the standard, however students who have 2 strong letters from faculty members/instructors do not have to submit a 3rd letter. In this case, write N/A in that blank on the application instead of the name of the reference. Do not leave the line blank as the application requires something in all fields.
- Application fee ($70 domestic applicants, $90 international applicants)*
- Minimum undergraduate gpa of 3.0/4.0, or its equivalent is required for consideration. Please send electronic transcripts only. Do not send paper transcripts to the department. Once admitted, you will be directed to send official transcripts to Graduate College.
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, other engineering field, or closely related field
- Due to COVID 19, the GRE is for Spring/Fall 2021 applicants. Please send GRE scores.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores taken within two years of the proposed first term of graduate study are required of all applicants whose native language is not English. For example, Fall 2021 applicants should submit TOEFL/IELTS scores taken in or after August 2019. Scores taken before August 2019 are invalid. See here for a list of exempted countries.
- Personal statement: one to two pages maximum. Please write about your area of interest/specialty, which track and classes interest you, why you are pursuing an M.Eng.ME, career plans.
- Brief resume highlighting academic and work achievements
* Current seniors and alumni ofwith a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.00 - 3.24 are eligible for an application fee waiver. Current seniors and alumni of MechSE with a GPA of 3.25 or higher are eligible for an application fee waiver, as well as a waiver from the letters of reference requirement.
**Applicants from outside of MechSE Illinois, including other domestic institutions, may be eligible to receive an application fee waiver. In order to qualify, applicants should meet the following criteria: 3.4/4.0 cumulative gpa for undergraduate work, and submit a completed application by March 1, 2021. Contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-qualify.