Things to know when applying to M.Eng.ME.
Fall 2020 M.Eng.ME on campus program: June 15, 2020
Fall 2020 M.Eng.ME online program: July 15, 2020 (Extended)
Spring 2021: Application is now open! Applications are due by November 1, 2020, however students who will need a visa are encouraged to apply earlier
Requirements for the M.Eng.ME application:
- Completed application
- 3 letters of recommendation is the standard, however, we will accept 2, if both are from faculty*
- Application fee ($70 domestic applicants, $90 international applicants)*
- Minimum undergraduate gpa of 3.0/4.0, or its equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, other engineering field, or closely related field
- GRE(General exam) scores are required for the M.Eng.ME application. GRE scores are valid within five years of taking the exam.**
- TOEFL/IELTS scores taken within two years of the proposed first term of graduate study are required of all applicants whose native language is not English. For example, Fall 2020 applicants should submit TOEFL/IELTS scores taken in or after August 2018. Scores taken before August 2018 are invalid. See here for a list of exempted countries.
- Personal statement: one to two pages maximum. Please write about your area of interest/specialty, which classes you are interested in taking, why you are pursuing an M.Eng.ME, career plans.
We are currently accepting applications to the Fall 2020 online M.Eng.ME program through July 15, 2020; Spring 2021 applications are also being accepted. Apply here: https://grad.illinois.edu/admissions/apply
* Current seniors and alumni of MechSE Illinois with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.00 - 3.24 are eligible for an application fee waiver, and a waiver from the GRE requirement. Current seniors and alumni of MechSE with a GPA of 3.25 or higher are eligible for an application fee waiver, a waiver from the GRE requirement, as well as a waiver from the letters of reference requirement.
Please contact Susan Roughton, M.Eng.ME Admissions Coordinator, with any questions about the application. Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-300-3319.