Continuous registration in ME 590 or TAM 500 is required. Seminar credit cannot be counted toward coursework requirements. Students are required to attend a minimum of 4 seminars per semester. The seminar schedule is e-mailed to students at the beginning of each semester.
Students who are enrolled in a course that conflicts with ME 590 or TAM 500 must request a registration override, register for ME 590 or TAM 500, and attend alternate seminars. Students who arrive late or leave early from a seminar will not receive credit for attending.
To complete seminar registration with a conflict:
1. Request a registration override by contacting the Undergraduate Programs Office at email@example.com. Include your name, UIN, and the course you are enrolled in that is in conflict with the seminar.
2. You will receive an email when the override is entered.
3. You must register for ME 590 or TAM 500 after the override is entered.
To receive credit for alternate seminars:
1. Alternate seminars include ME 591 MIG, ME 591 BIG, TAM 539, and other seminars in Engineering, Math, or Physics.
2. Download the Attendance Verification Form and have it signed by the seminar host (not the speaker).
3. Return the signed Attendance Verification Form to the GPO no later than 5 business days after the date of the seminar. If an attendance verification form is not received within 5 business days, you will not receive credit for attending.