Applying to M.Eng.ME
Requirements for the M.Eng.ME application
- Completed application
- 3 letters of recommendation is the standard, however, we will accept 2, if both are from faculty
- Application fee ($70 domestic applicants, $90 international applicants)*
- Minimum undergraduate gpa of 3.0/4.0, or its equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, other engineering field, or closely related field
- GRE(General exam) scores are required for the M.Eng.ME application. GRE scores are valid within five years of taking the exam.*
- TOEFL/IELTS scores taken within two years of the proposed first term of graduate study are required of all applicants whose native language is not English. For example, Fall 2020 applicants should submit TOEFL/IELTS scores taken in or after August 2018. Scores taken before August 2018 are invalid. See here for a list of exempted countries.
- Personal statement: one to two pages maximum. Please write about your area of interest/specialty, which classes you are interested in taking, why you are pursuing an M.Eng.ME, career plans.
APPLY NOW: https://grad.illinois.edu/admissions/apply
*Current seniors and alumni of MechSE Illinois with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.25 and above are eligible for an application fee waiver. MechSE Illinois students with a qualifying GPA may also have the GRE requirement waived. Contact email@example.com for more information.