Engineering mechanics and mechanical engineering are diverse fields with a vast range of careers and applications. Naturally, the MechSE Department at Illinois attracts an array of unique individuals with many interests. These are the stories of our undergraduates and how their various paths led them to MechSE.
Read blog posts for "Oh, the People You’ll Know!"
February 27, 2020
- Undergrad Mike Gordon reminds students to not forget who they are during their college career, and encourages them to practice their passions and outlets.
January 24, 2020
- ME senior Nathan Ruxlow has enjoyed a full and fulfilling college career, involved with ASME, Formula SAE, and other extracurriculars. But his major passion has been with the Army ROTC.
December 1, 2019
- Paige says the support networks she has built have given her the strength to know that through the difficult times everything is possible.
May 28, 2019
- Recent graduate Maya D'Souza was the ultimate student leader in MechSE, and continually served her classmates in a variety of roles.
May 8, 2019
- Graduating senior Ian Bashor has managed to pack a tremendous amount of travel, study, and work into just a few years.
April 1, 2019
- Undergrad Caitlin Benvau loves being able to create projects that take a design and turn it into reality.
February 14, 2019
- MechSE graduating senior Benita Ning has used her boundless energy to engage in many opportunities in MechSE and across campus. Upon graduation, she plans to direct her energies into a Teach for America placement in Las Vegas.
December 14, 2018
- Get to know mechanical engineering senior Alexandra Baumgart.
November 27, 2018
- Meet Claire Bowman, mechanical engineering sophomore and lover of Disney World.
November 9, 2018
- Meet Jonathon Cabrera, MechSE undergrad and student of Flow.
October 6, 2018
- Meet undergrad Sathvik Sanagala, who claims MEL is "always popping."
May 18, 2018
- Meet Scheile Preston, a May 2018 MechSE graduate.
May 11, 2018
- "I wouldn't be walking across the stage without the support from MechSE." -Graduating senior Tess Marsh.