Stefanie Anderson is a junior in mechanical engineering from the north side of Chicago. She is a sub-team leader on the university’s Baja SAE team and enjoys listening to music and playing video games in her spare time. Veronica Holloway is a junior in ME from Mount Prospect, IL. She is a sub-team leader on the Baja SAE team, and an undergraduate research assistant with Dr. Emma Mercier in the College of Education. She spends her free time running, playing soccer, and listening to excessive amounts of music and podcasts. Amanda Maher is a junior in ME from Batavia, IL. She is in Women’s Glee and loves to play piano and cook in her down time.
Read blog posts for the (Fluid) Dynamic Trio:
November 14, 2018
- Stef breaks down the mechanics of carbon fiber reinforced polymers.
November 13, 2018
- Geckos' night vision and sticky feet serve as bioinspiration for engineers.
November 7, 2018
- Amanda shows us the mechanical properties of the flute that work to produce its unique harmonies.
October 23, 2018
- Disney researchers have created a software for users to make 3D prototypes of mechanically animated characters using linkage systems as a basis. Recognize any lessons learned in ME 370 (Mechanical Design I)?
October 19, 2018
- The processes for manufacturing animal crackers and graham crackers include techniques MechSE students learn about in ME 270. Amanda shows how certain techniques we associate with a particular set of materials can have very broad applications.
October 11, 2018
- Ever wondered about the mechanics behind the soccer technique of "bending the ball"?
October 2, 2018
- Our three MechSE communications interns reflect and offer advice on finding - and loving - your summer internship.
September 27, 2018
- Amanda takes us through the mechanics of sounds and acoustic impedance.
September 21, 2018
- Amanda highlights the mechanical engineering feats of Tower Bridge in London.
September 5, 2018
- Inspired by her passion for the piano, Amanda shows us the mechanics of how a piano actually works.