Staff Openings in MechSE
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE AND ALUMNI RELATIONS
Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering
College of Engineering
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering at the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Director of Corporate and Alumni Relations. Reporting to the Department Head, the Assistant Director of Corporate and Alumni Relations will provide leadership to identify, develop, manage and steward strategic relationships between with the department, corporate entities, partners, alumni, friends and students.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement strategic, long-term corporate engagement programs that are consistent with departmental and College goals and objectives, coordinating with administration, faculty, students, advancement, and corporate relations colleagues as appropriate.
- Develop, implement and manage program evaluation process on a continuing basis to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Manage schedules, itineraries, coordinate events and various accommodations associated with corporate visitors.
- In coordination with faculty and academic staff, solicit corporate sponsorship for project-based courses, such as Senior Design, acting as a liaison between sponsor and University entities from project initiation to technical coordinator transfer.
- Cultivate relationships with faculty to identify potential corporate research opportunities.
- Cultivate corporate partnerships that support curriculum and facilities development, improvement, and enhancement (e.g., Innovation Studio, instructional labs, classrooms, and student competition teams).
- Manage departmental stewardship activities related to corporate gift acknowledgement and sponsor recognition.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of programs that build strong relationships between the Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering’s students and alumni, including identifying and coordinating initiatives focused on special constituent or interest groups such as young alumni.
- Plan, execute, and provide leadership for all activities related to the Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering Annual Alumni Board meeting.
- In coordination with other departmental staff, assist with logistical arrangements as needed on all other sponsorship events.
- Manage donor communications for all appropriate departmental events.
- Manage schedules, itineraries, events, and various accommodations associated with alumni visitors.
- Coordinate with the Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering Communications Office and other staff members, as necessary, to solicit, prepare, and submit nominations for campus, college and departmental alumni awards.
- Manage departmental stewardship program including the gift acknowledgment process.
- Work and travel outside the typical hours of a standard workday may be required, including evenings and occasional weekends.
- Assume additional appropriate duties to further the mission of the department.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree in business, engineering discipline, or related field; three years’ of professional work experience; demonstrated abilities in effective verbal and written communications skills, with excellent presentation skills; must be able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy, and maintain confidentiality; excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple deadlines simultaneously and set appropriate production schedules; ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment requiring frequent communication with professional staff, alumni, students, etc.; excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in building and cultivations relationships with diverse constituents at all organizational levels, both within and outside the University.
Preferred requirements include three years’ of professional work experience; familiarity with University of Illinois administrative operations, policies and procedures; comprehensive understanding of University, College and Department organization, objectives, and goals.
The Assistant Director of Corporate and Alumni Relations position is a 100% full-time equivalent (FTE), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close date of March 22, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please visit the University of Illinois job board at https://jobs.illinois.edu/ to create your candidate profile, as well as upload your cover letter, resume and names and contact information for three references as one document. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Emily Lange at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu