ME 390 Mechanical Engineering Seminar is a required course taken mostly by juniors in mechanical engineering each spring semester. It provides valuable information to guide them as they make decisions regarding their future after graduation.
Course presenters - most of whom are MechSE alumni - share experiences and describe career growth, offer professional advice, and answer questions from the students. Alumni or corporate representatives are invited to make a 40- to 50-minute presentation on engineering opportunities and challenges in their business area.
For more information about how you can participate in ME 390 Seminar, please contact the Associate Head for Undergraduate Programs at 217-333-0366, 217-244-6534 (fax) or MechSE-Undergradillinois [dot] edu.
Recent presenters have included:
- Eric Bartsch (MSME '95), Chanute Consulting Group
- Ann Zuzuly (BSME '13), Eaton Corporation
- Dana Coldren (BSME '88; MSME '90) and Sunil Bean (BSEM '12), Caterpillar
- Scott Daigle (BSME '09; MSME '11), IntelliWheels
- Sue Brasmer (BSME '79, MSME '88), Cummins Engine
- Ken Frankel (BSME '77), Three Sigma Manufacturing
- Dave Wright (BSME '82), Sargent & Lundy
- Dave Raske (retired; MS TAM '71; PhD TAM '72), Argonne National Lab
- Donald Gall (retired; BSME '56), Aderant Holdings
- Pat Basu (BSME '00), Doctor on Demand; former White House Fellow